The AA program requires:
- GPA of 2.0 in all work attempted at UALR, in the academic major, and in the academic minor
- “C” or better in each of the language and interpretation courses
- Sign Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) described under “Admissions and Benchmarks”
- Quality Assurance Screening Test (QAST) described under “Admissions and Benchmarks”
- All other associate degree requirements as delineated in the UALR Undergraduate Catalog
Pre-Admission (3 - 6 hours)
- Apply to UALR (Transfer Students: Send transcripts to IEP transfer faculty for review)
- Transfer Students: ASL Placement Test
- See Advisor to discuss Degree plan, Program of Study, and major declaration.
- Prerequisites: ASL I with grade of “B” or better.
Degree (63 hours)
- Transfer Students: Apply for Transfer Credit (if applicable)
- Begin Program of Study
- File Major Declaration Form online through BOSS (ASL I with “B” or better)
- Apply for ASL Credit Validation (if applicable)
- Upon completion of ASL IV - Take the SCPI
- Taking Rising Junior Exam (if applicable)
- Apply for A.A. graduation
- Last semester of degree courses - Take the QAST (AA Degree awarded)
For a printable copy, please download the Steps to Graduation - IEP document.