1927 Little Rock Board of Education established Little Rock Junior College (LRJC) upon the urging of Swedish-born principal John A. Larson. The college was located in Little Rock High School (now Little Rock Central High School) at West 14th and Park Streets.
1929 LRJC became the beneficiary of a trust established by former Arkansas Governor George W. Donaghey and his wife Louvenia.
1931 LRJC moved to the Uriah M. Rose Grammar School located at 13th and State Streets beginning with the fall term in September.
1949 LRJC moved to present location on an 80-acre tract of land on Hayes Street (now University Avenue) donated by Mr. Raymond Rebsamen.
1949 LRJC’s football team won Junior Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
1957 LRJC became the private Little Rock University (LRU) and began offering four-year degrees.
1969 Little Rock University merged with the University of Arkansas System to create the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR).
1975 UA law program in Little Rock transferred to UALR and School of Law created.
1975 UA Graduate School of Social Work in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1977 UALR Graduate School established.
1978 UA Industrial Research and Extension Center in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1979 UALR joined the Trans-America Athletic Conference and began NCAA Division I competition.
1985 UA Little Rock Graduate Resident Center graduate programs in education transferred to UALR.
1986 UA Graduate Institute of Technology in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1986 UALR Public Radio–KUAR-FM public radio went on the air.
1990 First UALR doctoral degree offered.
1991 UALR joined SunBelt Athletic Conference.
1992 First UALR student residence hall opened.
1995 UALR Benton Center opened.
1999 Donaghey College of Information Science and Systems Engineering (now Donaghey college of Engineering and Information Technology) established.
2000 UALR classified as doctoral university/research intensive in the National Carnegie categories of institutions of higher education.
2002 UALR celebrated its 75th anniversary.
2004 UALR purchased University Plaza Shopping Center on south end of campus at Asher and University Avenues.
2005 UALR opened on-campus intercollegiate athletic arena, a gift from Mr. Jackson T. Stephens.
2008 UALR launched its first comprehensive campaign, It’s Time for UALR.