1927¬†Little Rock Board of Education established Little Rock Junior College (LRJC) upon the urging of Swedish-born principal John A. Larson. The college was located in Little Rock High School (now Little Rock Central High School) at West 14th and Park Streets.
1929¬†LRJC became the beneficiary of a trust established by former Arkansas Governor George W. Donaghey and his wife Louvenia.
1931¬†LRJC moved to the Uriah M. Rose Grammar School located at 13th and State Streets beginning with the fall term in September.
1949¬†LRJC moved to present location on an 80-acre tract of land on Hayes Street (now University Avenue) donated by Mr. Raymond Rebsamen.
1949¬†LRJC‚Äôs football team won Junior Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
1957¬†LRJC became the private Little Rock University (LRU) and began offering four-year degrees.
1969¬†Little Rock University merged with the University of Arkansas System to create the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR).
1975¬†UA law program in Little Rock transferred to UALR and School of Law created.
1975¬†UA Graduate School of Social Work in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1977¬†UALR Graduate School established.
1978¬†UA Industrial Research and Extension Center in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1979¬†UALR joined the Trans-America Athletic Conference and began NCAA Division I competition.
1985¬†UA Little Rock Graduate Resident Center graduate programs in education transferred to UALR.
1986¬†UA Graduate Institute of Technology in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1986¬†UALR Public Radio‚ÄďKUAR-FM public radio went on the air.
1990¬†First UALR doctoral degree offered.
1991¬†UALR joined SunBelt Athletic Conference.
1992¬†First UALR student residence hall opened.
1995¬†UALR Benton Center opened.
1999¬†Donaghey College of Information Science and Systems Engineering (now Donaghey college of Engineering and Information Technology) established.
2000¬†UALR classified as doctoral university/research intensive in the National Carnegie categories of institutions of higher education.
2002¬†UALR celebrated its 75th anniversary.
2004¬†UALR purchased University Plaza Shopping Center on south end of campus at Asher and University Avenues.
2005¬†UALR opened on-campus intercollegiate athletic arena, a gift from Mr. Jackson T. Stephens.
2008¬†UALR launched its first comprehensive campaign, It‚Äôs Time for UALR.
UALR's footprint includes 56 buildings on 250 acres.