UALR has undertaken an initiative to implement a central location for event, class, and resource management using Astra Schedule. This initiative was divided into three different categories:
- Event and Resource Management – This phase includes a centralized calendar listing University events with Astra Schedule. Users can electronically request reservations for space on campus for events and submit events to be published on the website calendar.
- Academic Scheduling – The Astra Schedule software will also be leveraged with course scheduling into classrooms beginning with the fall 2010 semester.
- Personal Calendaring – Providing faculty, staff, students, and Alumni Association members with an application to store and share personal meetings and activities is the third phase of the master calendar initiative.
The classroom database, formally found at this link, has been replaced by the Astra Scheduling System. All of the information previously found at this site may be found at the new interactive scheduling system.
Astra Schedule is the interactive scheduling system used to coordinate academic, event and resource scheduling functions in one enterprise-wide system. The Astra Calendar tool lets viewers see when and where classes and events are taking place. Users can also request rooms for their meetings from the Astra Schedule website.
Instructions for use and informational video may be found at the Astra Support Team website.
If you have any questions or find any discrepancies, contact the individual listed on that classroom database field or contact the Astra Support Team.
You may also contact Kathy Oliverio for further assistance.
Classroom Reservation and Use Policy
Found a room that will fit your needs? The next step depends on how you want to use the room.
- For scheduling a class: Follow normal procedures for scheduling a class in a priority use classroom.
- For other academic activities (such as departmental, college, or student association meetings): Contact Records and Registration (501) 569-3110 to reserve the room.
- For non-academic activities, including use by non-UALR entities: View Classroom Use Policies.