1927 – Little Rock Board of Education established Little Rock Junior College (LRJC) upon the urging of Swedish-born principal John A. Larson. The college was located in Little Rock High School (now Central High School) at West 14th and Park Streets.
1929 – LRJC became the beneficiary of a trust established by former Arkansas Governor George W. Donaghey and his wife Louvenia.
1931 – LRJC moved to the Uriah M. Rose Grammar School located at 13th and State Streets beginning with the fall term in September.
1949 – LRJC’s football team won Junior Rose Bowl in Pasadena California.
1949 – LRJC moved to present location on an 80-acre tract of land on Hayes Street (now University Avenue) donated by Mr. Raymond Rebsamen.
1957 – LRJC became the private Little Rock University (LRU) and began offering four-year degrees.
1969 – Little Rock University merged with the University of Arkansas to create the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR).
1975 – UA law program in Little Rock transferred to UALR and School of Law created. UA Graduate School of Social Work in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1977 – UALR Graduate School established.
1978 – UA Industrial Research and Extension Center in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1979 – UALR Trojans joined the Trans-America Athletic Conference and began NCAA Division I competition.
1985 – UA Little Rock Graduate Resident Center graduate programs in education transferred to UALR.
1986 – UA Graduate Institute of Technology in Little Rock transferred to UALR.
1986 – UALR Public Radio–KUAR-FM public radio went on the air.
1990 – First UALR doctoral degree offered.
1991 – UALR joined SunBelt Athletic Conference.
1992 – First UALR student residence hall opened.
1995 – UALR Benton Center opened.
1999 – Donaghey College of Information Science and Systems Engineering established.
2000 – UALR classified as doctoral university/research intensive in the National Carnegie categories of institutions of higher education.
2004 – UALR purchased University Plaza Shopping Center on south end of campus at Asher and University Avenues.
2005 – UALR opened on-campus intercollegiate athletic arena, a gift from Mr. Jackson T. Stephens.
2009-2010– UALR experienced the “Year of Accreditation” hosting the North Central Association, Higher Learning Commission re-accreditation visit and seven department-based accreditation site visits.