The executive vice chancellor and provost reports to the chancellor and provides leadership
for instructional, research, and outreach programs of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
The executive vice chancellor and provost is responsible for the academic and research
enterprise of the university and will lead in the recruitment, retention and development
of high quality and productive faculty with an emphasis on the continued growth of
high quality academic/research programs.
The provost will:
- Lead institutional efforts to assess student-learning outcomes
- Evaluate academic programs on a regular basis
- Encourage and support faculty and staff in their quests for grants and contracts that further the mission of the university
- Proactively pursue and nurture partnerships within the system, including nearby University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Pulaski Technical College, as well as with area two-year colleges, area school districts, the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, the Clinton Presidential Center, and a variety of other community organizations and groups and national and international institutions of higher education
The executive vice chancellor and provost will display the following important attributes: superior management, communications, interpersonal, budgeting, and strategic planning skills as well as an innovative, inclusive, and collaborative approach to academic management and leadership.
The executive vice chancellor and provost will:
- Promote world-class research
- Lead efforts to recruit, retain and develop diverse, high-quality and productive faculty
- Lead and manage the institution’s regional HLC accreditation, including but not limited to assisting with other professional accreditation efforts, and leading faculty and staff implementation of student-learning outcomes assessment.
- Grow high quality academic/research programs
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- An earned terminal degree and academic experience sufficient to be awarded tenure in one of the academic units of UA Little Rock
- An established record of achievement on the national level in an academic discipline or academic administration
- Progressive administrative leadership experience
- A track record of experience establishing and maintaining strategic national and international academic and research partnerships
Urban, metropolitan research university experience is a plus.