1. Develop a personal “time profile” by asking yourself the following questions:
- At what time of the day do I have the most energy?
- At what time of the day do I have the least energy?
- Do I tend to be early, on time, or late?
- Do I focus well for long stretches or need regular breaks?
2. Fill in time slots that stay the same every day (sleep, work, class).
3. Keep your focus on priorities.
4. Make and use “to-do” lists.
5. Avoid procrastination by breaking your projects into smaller pieces.
6. Take advantage of your biological rhythms.
- Some people are more alert in the morning, and others in the evening.
7. Don’t forget to schedule down time. Don’t get burnt out.
8. Find a buddy who has the same goal as you.
9. Post visible calendars in your room to remind yourself of deadlines.