CSP Participant Criteria
- Are Freshmen or Transfer Freshmen (11 or fewer credit hours)
- Need Developmental Reading and/or Composition as Determined by ACT, SAT or COMPASS Scores
- Are Not Athletes
- Are Not International Students
- Are Not UALR Benton Students
Students participating in the CSP benefit from the learning communities and personal academic interaction with instructors and classmates. Other services CSP students benefit from include:
- One-on-one academic advising and monitoring
- Personal attention and high-quality instruction
- Small class enrollment with fellow CSP students
- Academic and study skills workshops and campus involvement activities
- Computer lab and student lounge access
- One-on-one academic support and/or supplemental instruction for classes
- Community building activities
- Early class registration
What you can expect from an academic advising appointment:
Disarm: One of our goals as advisors is to help you feel comfortable and safe. We are excited that you’re here at UALR, and we want to encourage you as a college student!
Discover: We’ll ask open-ended questions to get to know you better & to help you consider your goals.
Dream & Design: We will help you create a vision, and we can help you connect with UALR resources that can help you make your vision a reality.
Deliver: We will follow-through with connecting you to resources, and we will hold you accountable for following through on your responsibilities.
Don’t Settle: We expect a lot from you because we know you can do this!