- Track your money. Take note of the things that you most often spend money on.
- Make a plan by using a budget spreadsheet. List all sources of income, even scholarships.
- Allow yourself spending money for a “good time.”
- Do not take advantage of credit cards.
- Be realistic about the purchases that you make. Do you really need to go to Starbucks 4 times a week!
- If you make a spending mistake, get over it and get back on track!
- Look ahead to expenses that may come in the future. Saving money is a proactive measure that can come in handy.
- Make the most of your money.
- Live like the college student that you are.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it. The longer you put it off, the worse things will get.