Admission to the Master of Science in Accountancy program requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution of higher education or its equivalent. Students with an undergraduate degree other than an accounting degree from an accredited college or university are considered to have the “equivalent” of an accounting degree upon the successful completion of the following courses (including their prerequisites):
- ACCT 2310 Principles of Accounting I (Prerequisites: MATH 1302, MGMT 1310)
- ACCT 2330 Principles of Accounting II
- ACCT 3311 Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 3312 Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACCT 3321 Federal Taxation I
- ACCT 3330 Intermediate Cost and Managerial Accounting I (Prerequisites: MATH 1342, ECON 2310, ECON 3355)
- ACCT 3341 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 3361 Governmental/Not-for-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 4314 Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACCT 4351 Auditing I
Applicant must meet one of the following admissions criteria:
- 200 *Overall GPA (based on a 4.0 point scale) + GMAT Score ≥ 1020 or
- 200 * last 60 semester hours (or equivalent) + GMAT Score ≥ 1080
The minimum acceptable GMAT Score is 420 and the minimum acceptable GPA is 2.50.
The GMAT will be waived if one of the following two criteria are met:
1. Applicant has passed all parts (or levels) of a professional licensing exam in accounting, finance or law or
2. Applicant has at least 5 years of senior-level professional experience in accounting or taxation. In this case, a resume and personal interview are required.The program coordinator will decide whether or not to waive the GMAT based on experience and that decision is final.
* TOEFL: For all programs, international students must meet the TOEFL requirements as specified in the UALR Graduate Catalog before being admitted to any of the graduate programs in accounting and taxation.
GMAT Fee Waiver
UALR graduate business programs participate in the Graduate Management Admission Council’s GMAT Fee Waiver Program. The Program is intended to help economically disadvantaged students access graduate business education. If approved, the student will receive a fee waiver that can be used for one test administration (valued at $250). The number of waivers available is very limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are not eligible for multiple fee waiver awards.
Consideration will be given to, but is not limited to, students from the following groups:
- displaced workers
- under-employed college graduates
- active military personnel
- recently inactive military personnel
- military veterans
- historically under-represented populations
Students must have applied for admission to a UALR College of Business graduate program, paid the $40 application fee, and have official transcripts on file with the UALR Graduate School to be considered for a GMAT fee waiver award.
For more information see the Application for GMAT Fee Waiver.