Congratulations to our 2017-2018 Admission Ambassadors! Meet our ambassadors……
Ambassadors represent the Office of Admissions by providing campus tours to visitors, contacting prospective students and acting as a student representative at on- and off-site recruitment events. Duties also include answering visitors questions, referring visitors to appropriate departments, ensuring accuracy of information provided, and other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants are undergraduate students carrying a minimum of 8 academic credits with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Applicants should be well-rounded individuals who can speak to the UA Little Rock student experience in a variety of areas of campus life. Strong candidates will possess:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to effectively present the positive attributes of the UA Little Rock;
- Initiative, dependability, discipline, creativity, responsiveness, open-mindedness, and self-confidence;
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- Efficient time management skills; and
- A broad base of campus knowledge and involvement with various campus services and resources.
This is a volunteer position. Ambassadors will be featured on our Admissions page, receive UA Little Rock gear and, most importantly, build skills that directly translate into the professional world, regardless of their chosen career path. There will be opportunities based on enhanced involvement outside of normal duties to win other subsidies and incentives.
Required Program Dates
Candidates must be able to commit to working from September 1 to May 5 of the academic year in which the candidate is accepted into the program. Ambassadors are required to fill a minimum of two (2) tour shifts per week. Each tour shift equals 3 hours.
|Discover UALR||October 3 and November 13|
|Saturday Spotlight||September 23 and November 11|
|Experience UALR||February 1 and 22|
|Explore UALR||February 24|
|Trojan Transfermation||March 2|
|Saturday Spotlight||April 21 and June 2|
Interested? Ambassador Application