Steps to Certify GI Bill Monthly Benefits – Continuing Students
- Meet with your advisor to determine which classes to take. You may want to have your advisor list up to six classes on your advising form, so if a class is not available due to a time conflict or is closed, you already have approval to take another class.
- Submit a copy of your advising form, signed by both you and your advisor, to the UALR Office of Veterans Affairs. The form may be faxed to 501.683.7055 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes. Refer to the Registration Pocket Guide for registration dates: http://ualr.edu/registration/index.php/home/miscellaneous-information/registration-pocket-guides/.
- Submit a UALR VA Certification Request Form (CRF) after you register for classes. The form is available online at http://ualr.edu/admissions/VACert.php . You should do this after you are fairly certain that your selection of classes is final. If you submit a CRF and then change classes, you will have to submit an updated CRF.
The CRF will allow the UALR Office of Veterans Affairs to
- Confirm your registration in UALR’s internal confirmation process, and
- Release your information, as required, to the Veterans Regional Office.
NOTE: You must submit a separate CRF for each enrollment term. If term enrollment dates overlap, the VA Regional Office adds the credit hours from the terms together during the overlapping period(s) to calculate your eligibility.
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Students: Please note that in addition to above CRF items, you must have your Voc Rehab counselor send Form 28-1905 to the UALR Office of Veterans Affairs. The form may be faxed to 501.683.7055 or emailed to email@example.com.
- If you decide not to attend UALR for any term, you must withdraw from all classes through the UALR Office of Records and Registration by 4:00 pm at the end of the 100% refund period by the specific date(s) per term to receive a full adjustment of charges. Not attending class does not remove this obligation; if you are registered, you are liable for charges. These dates and more information are located at ualr.edu/bursar .
Other GI Bill Monthly Benefits Eligibility Policies and Considerations:
- Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 must request payment at the end of each month by using one of the following:
- By calling 1-(877)823-2378, Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)
- Going online at www.gibill.va.gov Click on verify attendance (W.A.V.E.) Tab then create account and submit enrollment for payment.
- The Veterans Regional Office will not pay for the following:
- A course that does not pertain to the degree you are seeking
- On-line developmental courses
- A course already passed at an acceptable level at UALR or any other school — (Check with your advisor: a grade of “D” may be an acceptable grade for your degree requirement.)
- UALR reports regularly to the Veterans Regional Office. If any of the following actions result in your having been paid more than what you are eligible for, you may have to repay the amount in excess of your eligibility:
- Dropped class
- Term withdrawal
- NC (no-credit) grade in a non-developmental course
- Non-attendance grade (grade of F)
- Incomplete grade that is subsequently replaced with a NC (no-credit) grade
- UALR also reports the following information to the Veterans Regional Office:
- Academic probation
- Undergraduate students who have 60 or more Overall Earned Hours must have a declared major in BOSS.
- Post-Baccalaureate and Graduate students must have a declared major in BOSS.