This scholarship waives the out-of-state portion of tuition up to 18 credit hours for exceptional students who meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
All Applicants Must:
- Be an International student
- Be a new UALR student, continuing students are not eligible
- Be accepted for admission
- Complete a scholarship application
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a UALR faculty member
- Enroll in 15 hours by the 11th class day each term
- Complete and submit all requirements by June 1st
This award requires your full time enrollment at UALR for each semester covered by the scholarship. Undergraduate students must enroll in 15 hours in both Fall and Spring semesters, maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA, and earn satisfactory academic progress at the end of each Spring semester (successfully completing 75% of attempted hours). Graduate students must be admitted to an eligible program, enroll in 9 hours in both Fall and Spring semesters, maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA, and successfully complete 75% of attempted hours.
Students must be seeking first undergraduate or graduate degree (Law school students are not eligible) and must satisfy UALRās English Language Proficiency expectations if first language is not English.
The International Award may be renewed for a maximum of 4 years (eight semesters).