The Associate of Arts in General Studies (AAGS) is a 60-hour degree designed to accomplish three student goals:
- To provide completion of UALR Core curriculum and progress towards a bachelor’s degree.
- To signify personal and collegiate accomplishment upon receipt of the AAGS degree.
- To provide students with a means of professional advancement within their workplace.
Please speak with the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising for specific details about AAGS degree requirements. Below is an overview of AAGS degree components:
- Enrolled on main UA Little Rock campus. UALR Online University students must change to main campus in order to obtain this degree.
- General Education UALR Core – 35 Hours
- Directed Electives – 15 Hours: Choose from any 1000-level or 2000-level General Education UALR Core category.
- Free Electives – 10 Hours: Choose any class (must be 1000-level or higher). Can include a First Year Colloquium Class.
- Overall – Must have 2.0 GPA and at least 15 hours completed at UALR.
If you have completed at least 30 undergraduate credit hours, and are enrolled or plan to enroll on the main UALR campus, and would like a review of your progress towards the AAGS degree click AAGS Request For Coursework Review.