As you take courses that are part of your general core curriculum, familiarize yourself with and explore degree programs that are offered. Don’t be afraid to explore majors and discuss degree options with your Academic Advisor. By thinking about these now, you will increase your chances of finding the major that is right for you.
A Bachelor’s Degree is an academic degree awarded for an undergraduate major generally lasting for 4-years of full-time study.
An Associate’s Degree is an academic degree awarded for an undergraduate major generally lasting for 2-years of full-time study.
Your UALR bachelor’s degree requirements will be composed of 4-5 five components:
- First Year Colloquium Course (Applicable to first-time, full-time freshmen beginning fall 2011)
- Core Classes (35 hrs/11 classes)
- Major (30 hrs*/excludes required support classes)
- Minor (18 hrs, if required)
- 2nd Language (0-9 hrs required for B.A., B.S.W., and B.S.E. majors).
Options: American Sign Language, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish
- Electives Classes to reach total required hours
Total hours required to graduate: 120+*
(or ~40-41 classes) to attain your bachelor’s degree
*This is a minimum. Your major/minor may require more.
**Number of classes based on assumption that most classes are 3-hour classes.
NOTE: Must have 45 upper level hours to graduate..
Planning Tools to Get Started:
- Major Degree Programs – A quick checklist of Majors (or Bachelor Programs) at UALR
- Minor Degree Programs – A quick checklist of Minors at UALR
- Undergraduate Catalog. This text outlines all school academic policies, degree options available, degree requirements, course descriptions, the academic calendar, holiday closures, and other information regarding UALR undergraduate programs.