New Centralized Advising Office: UAA will be transformed into a place where most new entering UA Little Rock students will be advised. The new office opened February 1, 2018 and began advising new transfer students March 1, 2018. Students will continue receiving advising from this office until they successfully complete 45 credit hours. Some students will continue advising longer than 45 credit hours dependent on major and future career goals.
Advising For Special Populations: UA Little Rock has awesome academic support services for students within special populations such as athletes, military, Chancellor’s Leadership Corp, Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy, and others. These students will be advised by the new centralized advising office and continue to receive specialized academic support from the administrative units overseeing these populations.
Journey of Students Advised Under New Centralized Advising Model:
- New Freshman Students will first be advised during New Student Summer 2018 Orientation. These students will then be required to meet with a Discovery Advisor within the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising two times in the fall and two times in the upcoming spring semester.
- For the fall semester, students will engage in one-hour appointments to be held August through September and again in October through November. During both meetings, student will be further acclimated and orientated to UA Little Rock; will complete and review self and career assessments; and will be introduced and continuously referred to the specialized academic support services provided by students’ declared major department and special population administration in which students may participate. During the second meeting, students will also be advised for the upcoming spring semester.
- For the spring semester, students will engage in one-hour appointments to be held in January through February and again in March through April. During both meetings, students will continue exploration of self and career with intent to confirm major declaration. During the second meeting, students will also be advised for the upcoming fall semester and referred to students’ declared major department for future advising.
- Some student situations may require additional Discovery Advisor assistance and therefore a continuation in advising in the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising.
- New Transfer Students will be encouraged but are not mandated to attend New Transfer Student 2018 Orientation.
- Transfer Students with approximately more than 45 credit hours, will be contacted by the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising. Discovery Advisors will further orient and acclimate students to UA Little Rock, review transfer students’ credentials, and if needed, refer students to declared major department for Summer or Fall 2018 and future advising.
- Transfer Students with fewer than 45 credit hours will remain with the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising and complete the New Freshmen journey until approximately 45 hours are completed.
Advising For Current Students Under 45 Credit Hours: Advising for current students will range between March 1, 2018 and May 2018 for the summer and fall 2018 semesters. During this time period, current students who have not successfully completed 45 credit hours will continue to receive advising services within their major college or department. Only entering summer and fall 2018 students will be advised by the new centralized advising office.
Latest Planning Details of Centralized Advising: Please view the documents below which provides details regarding the reorganization of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising.
Update on Reorganization of UG Advising 1-23-18
Update on Reorganization of UG Advising 3-1-18