New Program for Developmental Courses in Reading, Writing, and Math
Effective Fall 2012, developmental reading, writing, and math will have new course structure. The following documents provide instructions for advising students requiring developmental work into the appropriate classes.
Pre-Admit BOSS Demonstration Video
The Pre-Admit/Full-Admit functionality in BOSS allows departments that have admission requirements to approve declarations of the major from students who have not met those requirements, while keeping a record in Banner that distinguishes between majors who have met requirements and majors who have not met requirements.
This training video assumes that the user already understands the basic declaration of major/minor process, which remains unchanged, and is familiar with the declaration of major/minor user screen.
Individual Degree Adjustment (IDA) Training
IDA is an online process for requesting adjustments to an individual student’s degree plan. Once requested adjustments are processed by the Office of Records, the degree audit report for the student (the “CAPP report” or “Detailed Evaluation Report”) will reflect the changes. Requests submitted via the online IDA process will also serve as the official record of all degree adjustments for purposes of final graduation check out. The Excel form for requesting degree audit adjustments and the paper Special Exception Form will be eliminated.
This training video covers all aspects of the IDA process and can be viewed in its entirety or in parts. The main menu includes many options:
Full Presentation: the entire video—includes all the features below
- Definitions: definitions basic to all aspects of the IDA process
- Undergrad IDA Training: the process as it applies only to students seeking their first baccalaureate
- Post Bac IDA Training: the process as it applies only to students seeking a second baccalaureate
- IDA by Type Training: training for a particular type of adjustment (waiver, rearticulation, etc.); after selecting IDA by Type Training, select the type of adjustment on the next menu
- Undergrad Quiz: a quiz on material covered in the section Undergrad IDA Training
- Post Bac Quiz: a quiz on material covered in the section Post Bac IDA Training