The UALR Student Philanthropy Council, Trojans Supporting Trojans, aims to create a culture of tradition of giving FOR students BY students.
Nov. 26, 2013 New student philanthropy council supports peers
June 10, 2014 Student philanthropists donate to scholarship honoring Boccarossa
January 8, 2015 Student philanthropists raise $1,700 for memorial scholarship
- Educate students on the need for philanthropy on campus and begin a culture and tradition of giving back to UALR.
- Encourage a culture of giving back, both as students and alumni.
- Instill in students the importance of alumni support and involvement.
- Raise money for The Annual Fund for UALR.
- UALR budget last year: $170 million
- State appropriations covered 38%
- Tuition and fees covered 44%
- Remaining 18% had to be covered by private philanthropy. That amount was just over 30 million dollars.
- This year, UALR awarded more than 1,000 privately funded scholarships totaling over $1 million.
How Can I Get Involved?
- The Trojans Supporting Trojans Council will distribute banks and information on the need for philanthropy and The Annual Fund for UALR.
- Students may check out a logoed piggy bank from the Office of Alumni or a member of the Trojans Supporting Trojans Council Member.
- Students are encouraged to fill their banks and let their “change make change”.
- All banks returned at the end of the semester will be receipted to those who checked out a bank as a donation to UALR.
How Can I Join the UALR Student Philanthropy Council?
- Apply Now for Fall 2014- Spring 2015
- For more information contact Derek Boyce at 683-7355.