Advanced Placement Summer Institute
Dear AP Summer Institute Participant:
You may be interested in taking AP Summer Institute for credit or pursuing professional credentials in Advanced Placement through one of our exciting programs.Â If so, I would like to personally invite you to consider UALRâ€™s exciting new program, Teaching Advanced Placement (TAVP).Â Offered through the Arkansas AP Professional Development Center at UALR, the professional development certificate is designed for educators who want to develop their knowledge and skills of the Advanced Placement Program and their content specific teaching skills in the AP and Pre-AP classroom.
The TAVP program is a 4-course, 12 graduate credit hour graduate certificate created to assist you in developing your AP program and your content-specific teaching expertise.Â The program is primarily offered through web-enhanced instruction.
Any applicant wishing to pursue a degree or certificate to a graduate program must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with substantially the same undergraduate program as the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Please note that a minimum GPA of 2.75 or and 3.00 on the last 60 hours (including post-baccalaureate hours) is required. In addition, all TAVP applicants must possess a current teaching license.
To register for the Advanced Placement summer Institute Credit Option:
1. You must attend a 2014 UALR AP Summer Institute
2. register for GATE 7393 Teaching Pre-AP/AP
If you are a current UALR Graduate Student:
Register for GATE 7393 in your content area.Â If your content area is not listed, register for a general section.
If you are not a current UALR Graduate Student (recently received undergraduate degree, have not bee an active UALR graduate student the last two years, or are new to UALR) you must apply for Graduate School.Â The Graduate School domestic Applicant Application can be found online at boss.ualr.edu. Once you navigate to the application website complete the following steps:
- Select Apply for Admission
- Select First Time User Account Creation (or new program)
- Create a 4-digit PIN number.Â NOTE: After you create the 4-digit pin number, a Student ID number will be automatically generated for you.Â You will need to write down this generated ID and self-assigned PIN to access Boss until you are admitted into a program.
- Select – Graduate – Degree Seeking
- Select Fill-Out Application completely.Â For Planned Course of Study, you will need to select Graduate Certificate in Teaching Advanced Placement.
After completing the online admissions application, the following supporting documents should be submitted to the Graduate School Admissions office.
- *Copy of current teaching certificate (must not be expired)
- official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities – Transcripts must be in the sealed envelope from the university in order to be considered official.
- proof of immunization – Arkansas law requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Applicants applying to online degree programs are not required to submit proof of immunization
All documents should be mailed to:
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Attention: Graduate School
Ottenheimer Library, 5th Floor
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204
To check on the status of your admission application, you may contact Paula Baker in the graduate school at 501.569.8662. For any questions or clarifications regarding admission and registration please contact Sheena Brooks at 501.569.3088.
We welcome your questions and look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Ann Robinson
Advanced Placement Professional Development Center
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Avenue, SUA 101
Little Rock, AR 72204