A minor in Studio Art consists of 15 hours.
- ARST 1310: Basic Drawing
- ARST 1315: 2-Dimensional Design
- Choose one of the following:
- ARST 2310: Figure Drawing
- ARST 2318: Computer Applications in Art
- ARST 2315: 3-Dimensional Design
- Choose two upper-level studio art courses for which the 2000-level pre-requisite is complete
Also, students may choose to major in Art History and minor in Studio Art. Since three hours of drawing and three hours of design are included in the art history major, students choosing this program will take:
- ARST 2310 Drawing II
- ARST 2315 Design II
- Four upper-level studio art courses. These hours may be in one concentration (e.g. Painting I, II, III, IV) or selected concentrations (e.g. Painting I, Ceramics I, Photography I, Graphic Design I)
For a complete list of art department courses and descriptions, you can view a PDF version of the Undergraduate Catalog at this link.