International Business Educational Objectives
Students completing the international business degree should accomplish the following educational objectives:
- Understand the nature of international business.
- Understand the major trends in the international trade and investment patterns between and among the major groups of nations and the theories purporting to explain these patterns.
- Understand the nature of international organizations such as the United Nations, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank), International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and their effects on business.
- Understand the major financial, economic/socioeconomic, political, labor, competitive and distributive forces affecting international business.
- Understand the export and import practices, terminology, and documentation.
- Understand the functional areas of business economics, marketing, human resources, finance, operations, and control of international business.