The Management Information Systems (MIS) program develops competencies in analysis, design, development, and management of business information systems. Emphasis is on the development of computer applications in a business environment and the effective use of computer resources to meet business objectives. Students receive hands-on experience with contemporary technologies through lab-based and independent projects.
MIS Educational Objectives
- Students completing the MIS degree should accomplish the following educational objectives:
- Demonstrate the uses of appropriate system analysis and design methodologies to develop information systems that meet user needs.
- Design and implement business database management systems.
- Apply foundational concepts of client-server computing in the development and administration of such systems.
- Demonstrate good verbal skills.
- Demonstrate good written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good group communication skills.
- Understand the use of information technology as a strategic resource.