- Students place in biomedical conferenceMary-Kate Williams is one of several who received awards for original research at the IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence Conference Nov. 7-14 in Fayetteville. The post Students place in biomedical conference appeared first on University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- McNair Scholar explores science, gender & feminismFor centuries, feminism has been the subject of polarizing debates regarding science and social construct. Spencer Briggs of Gillett, a double major in biology and interdisciplinary studies, recently toed the dividing line between biology and culture at a research symposium hosted by the UALR McNair Scholars Program on Sept. 2. Briggs said her goal is […]
- Trimmer â€˜best gift everâ€™ for biology majorBrand new heels and handbags donâ€™t mean nearly as much to UALR senior Katy Harmon as the new Troy-Bilt trimmer she received on a recent Friday afternoon. Keep Arkansas Beautiful State Commissioner Mark Elrod presented Harmon with the trimmer, a gift supplied by Troy-Bilt company officials, after her name was drawn from a list of […]
- Students find opportunities at annual Service FairUALRâ€™s Office of Community Engagement held its annual Service Fair Wednesday, Sept. 3, in the Donaghey Student Center offering volunteer and internship opportunities to members of the campus community â€“ especially students. Taurine Main, a sophomore majoring in biology with a double minor in nonprofit leadership and business, signed up to volunteer with the Humane […]
- Student lands prestigious national science fellowshipA senior Donaghey Scholar majoring in anthropology was named a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow.The post Student lands prestigious national science fellowship appeared first on University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Science students earn awards at researchers conferenceThree University of Arkansas at Little Rock students recently returned from presenting their research at the annual Emerging Researchers Conference in Washington, D.C.; two of them earned awards in their respective categories. UALR students Dolapo Odeniyi, Saad Azam, and Lafayette DeRamus III were among approximately 500 presenters and 1,000 participants at the conference held Feb. […]