The Business Information Systems Graduate Certificate Program (formerly Management Information Systems) provides focused coursework to gain knowledge of business and technology skills in a relatively short duration to facilitate entry into, as well as career progression within, the field of Business Information Systems.
*Beginning July 1, 2014, the program names will change in the UALR catalog from Management Information Systems (MIS) to Business Information Systems (BINS).*
The Graduate Certificate in Business Information Systems is a STEM program:
(CIP Code 52.1301)
The Graduate Certificate in Business Information Systems (formerly Management Information Systems) consists of 12 hours of course work:
Two courses from the following technical courses (6 hours):
- MGMT 7303Ā Systems Development and Database Design OR MGMT 5350Ā Database Management Systems
- MGMT 7304Ā Integrated Business Applications for Decision Making
- MGMT 7305Ā Advanced Database Management Systems
- MGMT 7307Ā Systems Analysis and Design Methods
- MGMT 5310Ā Network Technologies
Two courses from the following managerial courses (6 hours):
- MGMT 7308Ā Advanced Business Communication
- MGMT 7310Ā Management of Human Capital OR MGMT 7313Ā Commercializing Innovations
- MGMT 7312Ā Team Development
- MGMT 7350 Information Systems Management OR MGMT 7101Ā Developing Leadership Skills I AND MGMT 7250 Strategic Management of Information Systems and Technology
- MGMT 7352Ā Emerging Technologies and Strategic Issues
Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a GPA of at least 2.8 (4.0 scale), a 3.0 in the last 60 hours, or a 3.2 in the last 30 hours. The GMAT exam is not required.
Graduate Certificate courses can be directly applied to the Master of Science degree in Business Information Systems. Certificate program code: MGIS-GC.
For more information about the graduate certificate program, contact Sung-Kwan Kim, associate professor, Department of Business Information Systems, 501.569.8859, firstname.lastname@example.org.