Consider a minor in BINS (formerly MIS) to complement your major with relevant technical and managerial skills.Â An BINS minor can help launch a marketable career path.
A grade of C or greater in all UALR or transfer courses is required in order to fulfill a course requirement in each of these minor blocks of courses.
*Beginning July 1, 2014, the program names will change in the UALR catalog from Management Information Systems (MIS) to Business Information Systems (BINS).*
MGMT 3305 Management Information Systems
MGMT 3352 Advanced Personal Computer Applications
MGMT 4331 Management of Information Resources
- Four courses or (12 hours) from the following (with approval of the management department chair):
- ACCT 2310 Principles of Accounting I
- MGMT 3307 Systems Development Methodologies
- MGMT 3310 Business Applications in COBOL
- MGMT 4309 Seminar: Special Topics in CIS/MIS
- MGMT 4310 Network Technologies
- MGMT 4311 Security Issues and Advanced Topics in Network Technologies
- MGMT 4312 Object-Oriented Programming
- MGMT 4350 Business Database Management Systems
- MGMT 4355 Information Systems Development Project