The new Content Editor vastly improves the user experience for entering text, pasting content from Microsoft Word, and adding content to all areas of Blackboard Learn. Simply bring your course materials to life.
The content editor allows you to add and format text, insert equations and hyperlinks, tables, and attach different types of files to content. The editor appears throughout the system as the default editor.
Video Everywhere is a feature of the Content Editor. Once installed and activated, you will see a new icon in the Content Editor that accesses your webcam. The feature provides the ability for instructors and students to:
- Record a video on the fly using a webcam and have it seamlessly embedded in course materials, interactions, and feedback through the content editor.
- Reuse previously recorded videos by choosing from one’s own “library” of videos.
Other updated features include:
- Image editing / resizing
- Mash-up/ consolidation of media selection
- WebEQ replaced w/MathML equation editor
- Symbols/ emoticons
- Advanced table settings/ easy access
- HTML and new CSS editing (automatic html validation)
- Larger Full screen editing view
Your instructor and school control the content editor’s features and availability. If you have difficulty accessing the content editor, contact your school for assistance.