KeepingÂ ”To Do”Â lists is an excellentÂ way to stay organized.Â Although it is very easy to lose track of sticky notes or a notebook inÂ which youÂ may keep track of yourÂ tasks.Â Blackboard provides you with the My Tasks tool to easily manage your “To-Do” list in a digital format.Â Your instructorÂ may use Blackboard TasksÂ as a way to help you and others keep track of class assignments that are due.Â
|Accessing Tasks||Accessing the Blackboard Calendar module|
|Viewing and Updating Tasks||Vewing calendar events inside and outside of the course|
|Adding Personal Tasks||Deals with expanding and collapsing the course menu for better content visibility|
The My Tasks tool will appear as a module on either the Notifications dashboard or the module page inside your courses.
To add personal tasks to the My Tasks list and view all tasks, you must access the My Tasks tool using the module on the Notifications page. You will not be able to add tasks to the My Tasks tool in your individual courses, nor will you be able to view personal task entries using the My Tasks module inside your courses.
Back to Top
Viewing and Updating Tasks
To view and/or update tasks either from the Notifications page or within your courses:
- Click the task’s Title to view the full description.
- Click the “more tasksâ€¦” link at the bottom of the My Tasks module to modify individual task details.
- Click the task’s Action Menu to change the status of the Task to update and inform your instructor about your progress. Choices include Not Started, In Progress, and Complete.
- Click the Action Menu to edit or delete the task. You are only allowed to edit and delete personal tasks.
Adding Personal Tasks
You can only add personal Tasks at the main tab level (i.e. on the Notifications dashboard).
To add a Task, first click the Create Personal Task button within the Tasks tool. Once on the task creation page:
- Enter a Task Name.
- Enter a Task Description.
- Set the Due Date
- Set the Task Priority
- Click Submit