Early Childhood Education
Welcome to Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Education in ECED
- ECED Field Site
ECED Vision Statement
The Early Childhood Education Teacher Licensure Program envisions a world in which all children are equally encouraged and enabled to develop their interests and talents; a world in which teachers represent the best efforts and hopes of the societies they serve; and a world in which teachers are respected for the importance of their work.
ECED Mission Statement
The mission of the Early Childhood Education Teacher Licensure Program is to use current knowledge and research to develop teachers who have:
- A broad foundation of knowledge in the disciplines
- The knowledge, skills, and dispositions to serve as effective teachers in the field of Early Childhood Education
- A commitment and sensitivity to children
- A commitment to a continuous process of educating themselves and sharing that love of learning with children.
The program is committed to encouraging students from various backgrounds to pursue an interest in the field with the intention of providing a diversity of teachers to meet the needs of diverse communities across the state. Our mission is aligned with the overall goals of the professional societies that devote their efforts to improving the lives of children in the broadest sense, realizing that children’s mental growth does not occur independent of the cultures, families, political, and economic conditions within which they exist. Our teacher preparation program believes that enhancing the lives of children within this context will ultimately nurture competent citizens for our community and society.