Entry 3

Three weeks have passed and I am still enjoying our nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.  Things are beginning to roll into place and I love it more and more each day.  The scenery here is beautiful.  I enjoy seeing the large monuments, museums, and the nightlife.  I am definitely going to arrange to see the Smithsonian Museum and attend the zoo. 

The Washington Center Program is well- thought out and demanding, but I love it.  It keeps me busy and the programs that we have are very informative.  I also like my class that I have here in D.C.  My forensic psychology class is awesome.  This course is a combination of the law, criminal justices, and psychology.  Within this course, I will be responsible for understanding the application of psychology as it is applied to certain aspects of the legal system and crime.  This course will help my previous academic training in that it will clarify questions that I may have had about forensics.  I will then use these answers and apply them to my internship at the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

In the upcoming weeks, I will be taking a tour of the Pentagon, going to the shooting range, and viewing an autopsy.  I look forward to keeping you updated.

Posted in: Valerie Carpenter's NCIS Intern Experience