Clay Guild to Host Director of Ceramics Program at Austin Museum of Art School

The UALR Clay Guild will host James Tisdale, ceramist artist and director of the ceramics program at the Austin Museum of Art School in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, March 11 and Thursday, March 12 on the UALR campus.

On Wednesday, Tisdale will hold a demonstration of his work 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm in Fine Arts Building room 156. Later, he will present a lecture from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in room 157. On Thursday, Tisdale will lead another demonstration from 9:00 am to noon in room 156. Both demonstrations and the lecture are free and open to the public.

According to his website, www.jimtisdale.com, Tisdale describes his art as “an outward manifestation of my views toward the world around me. These expressions are highly influenced by many things, but mainly by my rural, devout upbringing in Mississippi. This in itself is a web of contradictions. I draw upon both the beauty, and the ugliness of this region and its impact.”

For more information about these events, contact Stephen Driver, ceramics instructor, at (501) 569-3163 or at smdriver@ualr.edu.

Posted in: Event