The University of Arkansas at Little Rock University Program Council Constitution
Updated: November 2014
The name of this organization will be the University Program Council of The University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The organization will serve as the student- programming component of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Office of Campus Life.
Article II. Purpose
The University Program Council (hereby referred to as UPC) shall strive to present programs and activities to provide the students and campus community with opportunities for social and entertainment experiences outside of the traditional classroom setting.
Article III. Membership
- All officers of the UPC must be enrolled at UALR.
- Carry at least twelve (12) credit hours each semester.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
i. If an officer should fall below the 2.75 mark at any point of their term they must resign from their position.
- Must attend 100% of general meetings throughout the semester.
- Must attend 100% of assigned programs throughout the semester.
- Must have a current membership form on file with UPC Advisor by November 15.
- Excuses will be accepted for missed programs at the discretion of the advisor.
a. Applications for Special Events Chair, Movies and Public Relations Chair, and Entertainment Chair will be received by the UPC Advisor beginning in November of each year.
b. The Advisor will chair an interview team consisting two (2) of the following:
- Associate Director of Campus Life
- Diversity Programs Coordinator
- Non-Traditional Student Programs Coordinator
- Student Organization Program Coordinator
- Graduating UPC Executive Committee Member
c. This interview team will interview applicants for officer positions
beginning in November or December. 3. Terms of Office
a. Officers will serve a term of approximately one (1) year beginning
in January and ending in December. B. General Membership
- All members of the UPC must be enrolled at UALR.
- Carry at least six (6) credit hours each semester
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must attend 75% of general meetings throughout the semester
- Must attend 50% of programs throughout the semester
a. Members will be accepted year round and may join the council by attending general UPC meetings as well as UPC sponsored programs.
b. Members will sign a membership application/waiver to give the Office of Campus Life permission to check grades and/or academic status at UALR.
Article IV. Meetings
The University Program Council shall meet once a week during each semester and at other times called by the Advisor or Officers of UPC.
a. Quorum (50%) must be present at meetings to conduct business.
Article V. Amendments to the Constitution
- Proposals to amend this Constitution may be voted on by two-thirds (2/3) of the general membership.
- Amendments shall go into effect upon approval by the Office of Campus Life including the Associate Director of Campus Life and the Advisor.
- The authority granted to the University Program Council under this Constitution and By-Laws shall be subject to the policies, rules, and regulations of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.