Mission Statement: The overall mission of the Non-Traditional Student Organization is to enhance the education and interpersonal experiences of non-traditional students, to promote lifelong learning through collaboration with the university community, to provide services that address the unique needs and life experiences of non-traditional students while supporting and promoting their degree attainment. The specific mission of the Non-Traditional Student Organization is to serve as Peer Mentors for new non-traditional students during their first semester here.
The NTSO is here to:
- Encourage returning non-traditional students to become an effective integral part of the UALR community.
- Provide a welcoming environment for non-traditional students with various educational goals and to ensure that our collective voices are heard as non-traditional students.
- Participate, collaborate and host a variety of social events that are family friendly.
- Serve as NTSP Peer Mentors for the non-traditional students who may need assistance navigating academia.
- Academic Enhancement
- Personal/Professional Growth
- Leaderships Skills
- Communication Skills
- Career Development
- Scholarship Incentives
- Community Service