The Biggest Loser Boot Camp is a competition-based program designed to help motivate overweight individuals to lose weight. The competition consists of boot camp classes, exercise challenges and weigh-ins. Registration materials and more information available in the Campus Recreation office – (DSC 109D) or call 501.569.3228.
The Fit/Well classes that may be attended to count toward the third class requirement for the challenge are:
Boot Camp – High intensity strength and cardio exercises designed to challenge your strength and endurance while blasting away calories.
Cardio Kick â€“ A high intensity class that combines aerobics, boxing, and martial arts to improve endurance, coordination, and strength.
Piloxing – A unique mix of pilates and boxing moves that incorporate fat torching, muscle sculpting, core-centric exercises.
Step/Strength Fusion – Blast away calories and build muscle with this unique mixture of step aerobics and strength and conditioning.
Step Aerobics – A combination of exercises that incorporate step aerobics, yoga, and pilates, and is guaranteed to burn some major calories.
Urban Flirt – By incorporating the basic moves of a tease and aerobic elements, youâ€™re bound to have an energizing and flirty workout!
Zumba – Combining various international moves and music, Zumba targets all major muscle groups while adding flair to any workout!
Boot Camp Challenge Eligibility:
- Must be a UALR student, faculty/staff or a current member of the Fitness & Aquatics Center.
- Must be a minimum of 24 lbs. overweight according to the Body Mass Index Chart.
If any health issues exist, you must get clearance from your physician to start this workout program.
- Must be able to attend a minimum of 3 classes a week.
Pay sign up fee of $25 (Non-refundable – Cash or Check only).
Boot Camp Challenge Outline:
- The Boot Camp Challenge will begin on January 31st and end on April 29th. This is a total of twelve weeks of classes.
- There will be 10 Boot Camp classes offered each week. Contestants must attend a minimum of two Boot Camp classes a week and one other cardio class or a third boot camp class. This is a total of 3 classes a week and 36 classes over the twelve week period.
- There will be bi-weekly exercise challenges for the contestants to participate in. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- There will be bi-weekly weigh-ins. Prizes will be awarded to the biggest loser of each weigh in and the person with the overall biggest percentage of weight and largest overall body fat percentage lost at the end of the twelve week challenge will be the grand prize winner.
Contestants will be given diet guidelines to follow.
Boot Camp Challenge Rules:
(If any of these rules are broken you may continue in the challenge but you will not be eligible for any grand prizes.)
- Not allowed to miss more than 3 classes during the twelve week challenge.
- Not allowed to miss more than one class in any given week during the challenge.
- Not allowed to miss any of the weigh-ins.
Note: If you are more than 15 minutes late for a class or leave more than 15 minutes early this will count as a missed class.
Exceptions: If you break one of the rules the only way to be eligible for prizes again is to make up the classes you missed by attending extra classes.
Boot Camp 2012 Class Schedule
January 30th – April 27th
Beginner/Intermediate 5:15am – 6:00pm
Intermediate/Advanced 11:30am – 12:30pm
Beginner/Intermediate 5:15pm – 6:15 pm
Beginner/Intermediate 7:00am – 8:00 am
Intermediate/Advanced 11:30am -12:30pm
Beginner/Intermediate 7:00am – 8:00am
Beginner/Intermediate 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Beginner/Intermediate 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Classes held in Room 203G when attendance numbers/activities permit