Each team will receive a sportsmanship rating from the official(s) and/or field supervisor at the conclusion of the game
- 4 pts (Excellent) – given to a team which demonstrates good sportsmanship and maintains an excellent attitude of compete cooperation and displays full and complete support of the officials.
- 3 pts (Above Average) – given to a team when there is no incident of poor sportsmanship and respect show for opponents and officials.
- 2 pts (Average) – give to a team if players, other than captain, persist in questioning officialsâ€™â€™ decisions; and/or they repeatedly argue with the officials.Â For frequent use of profane or vulgar language.Â If spectators, clearly related to the team fail to cooperate with the officials and the team is not supportive of the officialsâ€™ efforts.
- 0 pts (Poor) – given to a team when a player is ejected and the team does not assist the officials in removing the player from the area.Â If players disregard warning of unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, abusive language or action, etc. including team associated fans.
Qualifying for Playoffs
Only teams with a .500 or better record and 3.75 sportsmanship averageÂ will qualify for playoffs. Â Teams that fail to meet the sportsmanship or record requirement may appeal to the Coordinator of Intramural Sports to seek inclusion into playoffs. Â This must be done no later than 4:00pm the day after the end of the regular season and must be done via e-mail and should include team name and reason for appeal.
- A team must have at least a 3.75 sportsmanship rating in a playoff game to advance or will be disqualified from the playoff tournament and the team/players will be suspended from all intramural sport events for a period of time to be determined by the coordinator.Â The nature and severity of the incident will be taken into account.
In case of ties, the following tie-breaker format will be used:
- Sportsmanship Average
- Total Points Earned
- Point Differential
Standings Point System:
- +10 pts = Played Win, Win by Forfeit, or Win by Default
- +5 pts = Played Loss
- -10 pts = Loss by Forfeit
- -5 pts = Loss by Default
- +3 pts = Tie