The University Program Council (UPC) is a great way for students to get involved and improve their leadership skills at UALR! The executive committee is the student leadership of UPC, and these positions are currently open. Any current UALR student is welcome to apply.Â Here are the qualifications for applicants:
- Applicant must be a current UALR student.
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours each semester.
- Applicant must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
Interviews & Training
- All applicants will receive an email notification about scheduling their interview time.
- All qualified applicants will be required to attend an interview on Monday, August 11 or Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than Thursday, August 14 after grade checks have been completed.
- The chosen applicants will be required to attend training on Friday, August 15 from 1:00-3:00p.m.
Duties and Compensation
- All University Program Council executive committee members are required to meet weekly 1 on 1 with the UPC Advisor and with the executive committee and UPC Advisor at weekly council meetings.
- Attend weekly council meetings.
- Will receive a monetary stipend of $3000 ($1500 per semester)
- Position specific duties found in the UPC Constitution and By-Laws, which linked on the left side of the UPC website: ualr.edu/upc
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 8, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.Â Paper applications are available in the Office of Campus Life DSC 216. Should you have any questions regarding the University Program Council, or this selection process, contact Emily Cox at 569.3308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.