The Master of Arts (MA) in Counseling with emphasis in Rehabilitation Counseling program, also known as the Rehabilitation Counseling Program at UALR, is a fully accredited online graduate degree program that seeks to prepare rehabilitation counseling professionals to provide direct services and resource coordination for individuals with disabilities.
- Fully Online 60 hour Master’s Degree Program*
- Fully Accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE)
- Classes meet the LPC licensure requirements of Arkansas and many other States
- Ranked as the 24th best Rehabilitation Counseling program in the 2016 U.S. News and World Report Rankings
- Rated as the fourth best online Master’s Degree Counseling Program in 2015 by bestmastersprograms.com
- Nationally renowned faculty, all with doctorates
*Two required three-day residential workshops
The mission of the Rehabilitation Counseling Program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) is to promote quality rehabilitation services for individuals with disabilities through a pre-service and in-service education program which provides qualified, certified rehabilitation counselors to work in public and private agencies.
The primary goals of the Rehabilitation Counseling Program are:
- Provide a comprehensive graduate degree curriculum that prepares students to provide high quality services to individuals with disabilities.
- Promote values, skills and knowledge that results in genuine commitment to human rights, professionalism, personal integrity and ethical practice.
- Advance the basic philosophical tenets of rehabilitation.
- Provide a high quality, accessible learning experience for each student which allows program graduates to gain national certification as a rehabilitation counselor (CRC).
Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Arts in Counseling with an emphasis in Rehabilitation Counseling and Post-master’s certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling.