Ann Bain, Professor
Interim Associate Dean for Accreditation, Licensure, and Student Services:
Associate Dean for Research, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Community Engagement:
The College of Education and Health Professions brings together several of UALR’s most well established and successful professional programs that are each individually accredited:
By emphasizing multidisciplinary collaboration and sharing departmental strengths, the new college is poised to become a 21st century leader in opening doors to high-demand careers for graduates of all ages. Enthusiasm and support for the reorganization prevail throughout its departments and across the campus.
Programs in the college, which prepare educational professionals, are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and endorsed by national specialty professional associations. The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
The Undergraduate Teacher Education Programs
- Standard 1. The teacher understands the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the discipline(s) he or she teaches, can create learning experiences that make these aspects of subject matter meaningful for students and can link the discipline(s) to other subjects.
- Standard 2. The teacher plans curriculum appropriate to the students, to the content, and to the course objectives.
- Standard 3. The teacher plans instruction based upon human growth and development, learning theory, and the needs of students.
- Standard 4. The teacher exhibits human relations skills which support the development of human potential.
- Standard 5. The teacher works collaboratively with school colleagues, parents/guardians, and the community to support student’s learning and well-being.
Department Catalog Links
Department of Educational Leadership
- Upper-level courses offered, no undergraduate degree programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education Middle Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Associate of Science in American Sign Language
- Bachelor of Arts in Interpretation: ASL/English
- Bachelor of Science in Health, Human Performance and Sport Management: Emphasis in Health Education & Promotion
- Bachelor of Science in Health, Human Performance and Sport Management: Emphasis in Health & Exercise Science in Secondary Education
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Social Work