Charge of the Committee, which has representation from each academic unit within the CEHP:
The College Research and External Funding Committee shall:
- Assist faculty members in identifying potential sources of funding and provide guidance with external research opportunities, grant-writing, and related activities. The Committee will be compromised of those individuals with experience in identifying, writing and submission of grants and a liaison from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs or equivalent.
- Disseminate funding opportunities, identifying at least source, amount, requirements, and submission dates.
- Promote graduate and undergraduate faculty and student participation in University level research-related opportunities.
- Grants.gov, managed by the Department of Health and Human Services, is a resource that allows one to search and apply for federal grants, learn about the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards, and find on-line answers about the grants process.
- AASCU Grants Resource Center “provides personalized and comprehensive federal and private funding information to increase success rates among faculty and administrators at member institutions. Established in 1967 as a not-for-profit premium service of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), GRC membership is open to public and private higher education institutions that offer four-year and graduate degrees.”
- UALR Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP)
NIH Review Process and Grant Funding
- Budget Building Blocks for Investigators – June 2012
- AWalk Through the SF424 (R_R) for Beginners – June 2012
- Finding a Funding Opportunity – June 2012
- New_Early Stage Investigators – Overview – June 2012
- New_Early Stage Investigators – Program Perspective – June 2012
- NIH Peer Review Process – June 2012
Research Presentations and Guest Speakers
- CEHP: An Overview of Sponsored Programs Processes at UALR-D. Shelton
- Federal Funding
- Sample Federal Grant Application
- Grant Writing Presentation
- “Industry Funding to Support Your Research Agenda” presentation by Amyn M Amlani, PhD