Charge of the Committee, which has representation from each academic unit within the CEHP:
The College Research and External Funding Committee shall:
- Assist faculty members in identifying potential sources of funding and provide guidance with external research opportunities, grant-writing, and related activities. The Committee will be compromised of those individuals with experience in identifying, writing and submission of grants and a liaison from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs or equivalent.
- Disseminate funding opportunities, identifying at least source, amount, requirements, and submission dates.
- Promote graduate and undergraduate faculty and student participation in University level research-related opportunities.
Grant Incentive Program
The College of Education and Health Professions (CEHP) has created a Grant Incentive Program to encourage and support faculty who wish to apply for external funding opportunities. The purpose of the CEHP Grant Incentive Program is to provide funds to assist faulty in acquiring external funding. The funds may be used for equipment, grant-related development, payment to participants, pilot data, project resources, supplies, travel, etc.
Applications for the Grant Incentive Program will be reviewed by the CEHP Research and External Funding Committee. A single-spaced one page Letter of Intent briefly explaining your intended project is due by January 30, 2018. The proposals are due by March, 15, 2018. Applicants will be notified by May 15, 2018.
- Open to all tenure-track faculty within the College of Education and Health Professionals (early career researchers are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Applicants may request up to $5,000.00 (the number of awards provided will be dependent on the availability of funds)
- Awardees will be expected to apply for a grant totaling more than $40,000 with indirect cost within a year of being awarded these funds
- Letter of Intent should include
- Amount Requested
- Significance of Project
- Projected Timeline
Please review the CEHP Grant Incentive Instructions (2018-2019) for additional guidelines and requirements.
Important Due Dates
Letter of Intent Due: January 30, 2018
Finished Proposals Due: March 15, 2018
Awardees Announced on May 15, 2018
- Grants.gov, managed by the Department of Health and Human Services, is a resource that allows one to search and apply for federal grants, learn about the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards, and find on-line answers about the grants process.
- AASCU Grants Resource Center “provides personalized and comprehensive federal and private funding information to increase success rates among faculty and administrators at member institutions. Established in 1967 as a not-for-profit premium service of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), GRC membership is open to public and private higher education institutions that offer four-year and graduate degrees.”
- UALR Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP)
NIH Review Process and Grant Funding
- Budget Building Blocks for Investigators – June 2012
- AWalk Through the SF424 (R_R) for Beginners – June 2012
- Finding a Funding Opportunity – June 2012
- New_Early Stage Investigators – Overview – June 2012
- New_Early Stage Investigators – Program Perspective – June 2012
- NIH Peer Review Process – June 2012
Research Presentations and Guest Speakers
- CEHP: An Overview of Sponsored Programs Processes at UALR-D. Shelton
- Federal Funding
- Sample Federal Grant Application
- Grant Writing Presentation
- “Industry Funding to Support Your Research Agenda” presentation by Amyn M Amlani, PhD