Scholarships for current students for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Through the generosity of donors, the College of Education and Health Professions offers scholarships to current students. Each school and department in the college offers different scholarships and awards and the selection process varies.
Current CEHP undergraduate and graduate students can apply for two private scholarships through our online Scholarship Application (Application closed January 31, 2017).
- The Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology offers scholarships to graduate students. At this time, there are no undergraduate or post-baccalaureate scholarships offered through the department.
- The School of Counseling, Human Performance & Rehabilitation is currently in a building phase of scholarship funding and will award no scholarships for 2017-2018 academic year.
- The School of Education has a variety of scholarships. Scholarship Application (Application closed January 31, 2017.)
- The Department of Nursing offers the Walker Scholarship. Scholarship applications are available beginning in May, 2017. Click here for additional information on Nursing scholarships.
- The School of Social Work has a variety of scholarships. Details on applying for the scholarships will be updated within a week.
Other funding options include:
Current CEHP Students are encouraged to apply for general UALR scholarships by March 1, 2017 at http://ualr.edu/scholarships/generalapplication/
Single Parent Scholarship Fund: Applications will be available in March/April 2017. Single Parent Scholarship Fund (SPSF) is a comprehensive scholarship program: we provide scholarships, nurture families, and create new futures.
Noyce STEM Teaching Scholarships: http://ualr.at/noycescholars
Federal TEACH grants: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/teach
College for You: Arkansas Department of Higher Education Scholarships http://scholarships.adhe.edu
Stonewall Scholarship ($2,000) – recognizing students who demonstrate knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer (LGBTQ) history, an understanding of current events as they relate to the LGBTQ community and a commitment to advancing LGBTQ civil rights in the form of demonstrated substantial leadership. This application is open to UALR undergraduate, UALR graduate, and Bowen Law School students. (Stonewall Scholarship Application – 2017)
(Deadline is June 1st of the current year for entering freshman)
- Academic Challenge Scholarships
- State Teacher Education Program (STEP Program)
- Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP Program)
- Many more scholarships
Scholarships for Diverse Students http://ualr.edu/campuslife/ntsp/ntsp-scholarships/
Other Financial Aid options http://ualr.edu/financialaid/
UALR New Student Academic Scholarship Application http://ualr.edu/scholarships/apply/
Putting Scholarships on the Radar for Non-traditional Students http://evolllution.com/opinions/audio-putting-scholarships-radar-non-traditional-students/
Tips to Avoid 7 Common Scholarship Application Pitfalls http://www.usnews.com/education/scholarship-search-insider/articles/2016-09-22/tips-to-avoid-7-common-scholarship-application-pitfalls
13 Best Tips for Winning College Scholarships http://time.com/money/4270593/tips-winning-college-scholarships/