Whatâ€™s a Green Dot?
Any behaviorâ€š choiceâ€š wordâ€š or attitude that promotes safety for all us and communicates zero tolerance for violence.
A green dot is:
- pulling a friend out of a high risk situation
- donating a few dollars to your local service provider
- displaying an awareness poster in your room or office
- encouraging discussion in class about violence prevention
- putting a green dot message on your Facebook page
- getting your organization to go to Green Dot Bystander Training
- striking up a conversation with a friend or family member about how much the issue of violence matters to you.
How Does it Work?
You know that feeling you get when something isnâ€™t quite right? When something is happening around you that might put someone at risk? Thatâ€™s when itâ€™s time to enact the 3Ds of Green Dot:
Bystanders donâ€™t have to just stand by. You can play an active role in preventing or stopping violence. To find out more about the foundations of the program, visit Green Dot Strategy.
A green dot is simply your individual choice at any given moment to make our world safer.
One Green Dot at a time, this is our moment in history to reclaim our right to live free of violence and the fear of violence.
â€śNo one has to do everything. Everyone has to do something. Whatâ€™s your Green Dot?â€ť