UA Little Rock Children International is teaming up with the City of Little Rock to offer our youth summer employment.
2017 Student Assistant – Summer Youth Employment Opportunity
Salary: $8.50 Hourly / Location: Little Rock, AR / Days: Monday-Thursday (32 hours a week)
The Assistant will help provide a quality summer camp experience and recreational programming for elementary students enrolled in MYOB Summer Camp. Assistants help with a variety of camp duties throughout the day including tutoring, playground supervision, and activity monitoring. Assistants have the opportunity to mentor younger children while gaining first-hand knowledge of some of the basic aspects of program management. Assistants can also help the rest of the camp staff create and maintain a fun, exciting and safe camp atmosphere for all youth all summer long.
MYOB serves 125 K-4th grade sponsored children and is held at Wakefield Elementary Monday – Thursday. Assistants can start the week after camp begins. During that first week, Assistants will receive training on camp policies and procedures as well as some training on group facilitation and tutoring. The week after the camp ends, Assistants will help clean up and inventory all supplies and complete program evaluation tasks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- assist with a variety of whole group and small group educational, enrichment and recreational programs and activities for students
- assist with program administrative duties such as attendance, breakfast, lunch & snack distribution
- act as a role model and mentor to children
- assist with special events like field trips and product sales events
- other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, & SKILLS
- good communication skills
- comfortable working with groups of young children
- able to provide own transportation to camp site
- passion for community service or entrepreneurial initiatives helpful
- experience attending a summer camp helpful
- Spanish helpful
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- must be at least 16 years of age and have a high level of maturity
Student application submission deadline is March 31st OR when the city has received 1,000 applications.
Time is running out to apply! Submit your applications today! For more information, contact Paula at email@example.com or (501) 663-5541.