- 3: Road to College & Career Panel @ 5:30pm-7pm @ University District Building on Asher Avenue.
9th-12th graders have an opportunity to discuss the college experience with CI Alumni and current college students! Panel discussion with Q&A during a free dinner. To join us, email your name, grade, school & phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 2.
- 16: Office Closed in observation of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 28: Backyard College Tour @ 8am-3pm – Pick Up and Drop off @ CI Office.
9th-11th graders: come visit colleges here in Little Rock to discover opportunities you have right here in your own back yard! To join us, call Faith at 501-371-5189 or email your name, grade, & phone number to email@example.com.
- 4: Battle of the Sexes Workshop | event details: TBA
This workshop will focus on teens and youth learning about social responsibility as well as the battle of peer pressure from the perspective of male and females. Special guest representation from UALR Sorority & Fraternity Members to lead the discussion panel for this interactive workshop. Lunch will be provided for all attendees.
- 4: “So Fresh, So Clean” Workshop | more event details: TBA
This workshop will focus on the importance of personal hygiene. The spring break will be approaching and you want to look and smell fresh above the rest. Lunch will be provided.
- 18: UALR CI Youth Council at the 2017 Teen Turn Up party — 8:30pm-12:00pm | Location: TBA
ATTENTION LOCAL MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Kick off Spring Break with our annual TEEN TURN UP!! This year’s theme will be announced in February. Will it be a glow party? A foam party? Show up to find out! Food will be provided and CI youth get in free! STAY TUNED!!
- 1: Drugs & Substance Abuse Workshop | more event details: TBA
This workshop will cover the the effects and legal actions of drugs and substance abuse. Come here from youth and adolescents whom experienced the effects of drugs and substance to discuss the matter with our CI youth to encourage our youth to not be involved with drugs substances.
- 7: Drug Free Awareness Fair Workshop (World Health Day) | more event details: TBA
Our YHC youth contacted LR police officers to support this event and we plan to have interactive games and activities for this event located at the UALR Campus in the DSC Fitness Court Area. Snacks will be provided for all attendees. I will do my best to find a sponsor for this event as well.