The Warriors Football Coordinator will direct the daily operation of the Warriors Football Program. The Football Coordinator is an administrator. Main responsibilities include supervising head football coaches, volunteer football coaches and participating youth; serving as the programâ€™s primary liaison with league officials and other teams. The CI Warriors Football Program serves up to 90 seven to twelve year olds each year.
The program is open to both boys & girls who are enrolled in the CI sponsorship program. The program fields three teams each year as well as a cheerleading squad.Â The teams are: Senior Team â€“ 11 and 12 year olds; Junior Team â€“ 9 and 10 year olds; Pee Wee Team â€“ 7 and 8 year olds. Each team has a maximum capacity of 30 players.
The Football Coordinator must be available to work during summer training and fall league play. Summer training begins the first week of July and will continue until league season begins. League season typically runs from September to December (with the majority of games played in September and October). During the summer and fall sessions, the football team will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 7 p.m. Games or additional practices are held on Saturday mornings. The Football Coordinator will report to the Youth Programs Coordinator (YPC) and be part of the UALR Children International Programs team. This is a grant-funded position. The Football Coordinator will be hired as an independent contractor and be paid a consulting fee of $2000 issued in installments throughout the official 2015 football season (July â€“ December).
The ideal candidate will also be available to volunteer with the spring Skills and Drills camp, which initiates the enrollment period for the next season. This â€śspring campâ€ť will occur during the week of the Little Rock School District spring break on Monday through Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily supervision of activities involving CI Warriors players and volunteers, ensuring students are safe at all times, youth are picked up by parents and the field is properly opened and closed
- Facilitate administrative duties such as attendance records, rosters, collection of data for program evaluation and league participation, uniform and equipment distribution
- Recruit coaching staff and monitor attendance and performance of coachesManage student discipline
- Be actively engaged with players, volunteers, and staff at all times, assisting with practices/games, substitute coaching as needed, and supporting the Parent Booster Club as it supports the teams
- Serve as a liaison between the CI Warriors Program and the city-wide football league
- Work with YPC to coordinate staffing, supplies, and logistics for all activities involving the Warriors
- Meet monthly with YPC, Cheer Coordinator, and Booster Coordinator and twice a month with coaching staff
- Uphold the high quality standards set for out-of-school time by the state and Children International
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, & SKILLS
- Knowledge of the game of football and coaching
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Energetic and passionate about being a role model for all youth
- Ability to facilitate and supervise adults and elementary students
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and problem solve
- Clean driving record and willingness to transport youth in vans
- Must be available Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Saturdays (during league play)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma plus two years of football experience; must have experience working with elementary age children in an after school or summer program and working as a team leader in a formal job or volunteer setting.
Please ask applicants to email the resume and cover letter toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.