The focus of Children International’s Family Assistance Program helps families with food assistance and practical needs such as school supplies, clothing and shoes.
All students enrolled in our program receive the following five gifts each year:
- School supplies during school registration and the CI Back to School Jamboree
- Shoe Carnival gift card during the student’s birth month
- Winter jacket (Elementary) or Khol’s gift card (Middle and High School) during our December holiday distribution
- Scholastic books (Elementary and Middle School) or an educational item (High School) during our spring distribution from March-April
- Grocery store gift card during parent-teacher conference days in October
Gifts are delivered in the schools or during our Monthly Benefit Days and other events.
Occasionally, sponsors send additional gifts to children and families, such as clothing, books or toys. Our staff works with parents and school staff to identify needs and deliver the gifts directly to a child, or parents are asked to drop by the UALR Children International office.