Welcome to the Center for Student and Career Services in the College of Business. UALR’s location in the economic heart of the state gives students unique advantages for real-world educational opportunities and interactions with top leaders in business and government.
The faculty and staff are committed to working with students to help them achieve academic and career success. The Center for Student and Career Services is comprised of Admissions, Academic Advising, and Career Services.
The Center for Student and Career Services seeks to:
- Assist students in understanding the purposes and goals of higher education and its effect on their lives and personal goals.
- Assist students in learning how to remain in good academic standing, achieve better grades, and reach their academic potential.
- Assist students in accessing other sources of assistance and student support provided by UALR and the community.
- Effectively communicate the curriculum, graduation requirements, and college and university policies and procedures affecting degree completion.
- Provide students with information and strategies for using the available resources and services on campus.
- Document studentsâ€™ progress toward meeting their goals.
- Assist students in finding their ideal careers, based upon their interests, motivational traits, personality, values, abilities, aptitudes, personal work styles, and work environment preferences.
- Provide information on career building workshops and activities.