On the day of commencement many students are worried about where to go and what to do. Below you will find the answers to the most commonly asked questions that students have concerning what to do on the day of commencement.
- Once you arrive, you will report to Derek Fisher Court on the first level of the Jack Stephens Center. There will be numerous signs around the building which will point you toward the court.
- There will be ample staff to answer questions and line you up once you get to the Derek Fisher Court. A marshal will be present to aid you in adjusting your academic regalia and help you with the initial sign-in process.
- Once you are in Fisher Court, you will need to sign in and receive a name card. This will tell us how you wish to have your name pronounced when crossing the stage.
- The bookstore does have a merchandise table in Fisher Court should you forget any of your regalia. Please note that this is not free and that you will not be permitted to walk in the ceremony if you are not in full academic regalia.
- Photographers are also in Fisher Court to take photos that can be added to your photo package. This is an optional service.
- No guests are allowed in Fisher Court. This area is reserved for students only.
- No food or drink will be allowed in Fisher Court.
- Do not bring valuables (purses, extra clothing/shoes, etc.) into Fisher Court. There is no place to secure these items and there will be no one to watch them while commencement takes place.
- UALR is a smoke-free campus. No smoking is allowed in or around the Jack Stephens Center.
If you have questions or concerns before the day of commencement you may contact the Office of Records and Registration.