To earn the minor and certificate in Nonprofit Leadership, students must complete the required courses, indicated internship hours, and co-curricular activities indicated below.
- NPLS 1100: Introduction to Nonprofit Professional Studies, usually offered fall semester, Wednesday, from 5 to 5:50
- NPLS 3300: Management of Nonprofit Agencies, usually offered spring semester, Tuesday and Thursday, from 4:30 to 5:45
- 300 hours of internship, taken as NPLS 4301 and 4302 (for a total of 6 credit hours)
*Get more information on internship requirements, at the NPLS Internship page.
Elective courses (to include at least 8 hours) selected from the following:
- ACCT 2310 Principles of Accounting I
- NPLS 4390 Special Topics
- NPLS 4180, 4280, 4380 Independent Study
- JOUR 4380 Public Relations Writing
- MGMT 3300 Organizational Behavior and Management
- MKTG 3350 Principles of Marketing
- PSYC 4363 Organizational Psychology
- RHET 3316 Writing for the Workplace
- RHET 4375 Grant Writing
- SPCH 3322 Small Group Communication
Required co-curricular activities (to gain practical experience):
- attendance at regular meetings of The Nonprofit Leadership Studies Program Student Association
- attendance at a Nonprofit Leadership Studies Program Management Institute
- experience with fundraising for attending the institute (supervised by experienced professionals)
- service activities
- fall retreat and recognition event
For more information, contact Juliana Flinn at email@example.com.