- National Security Agency (NSA) Centers of Academic Excellence
UALR is in the process of applying for designation as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance from the NSA. This site contains the details of the program.
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
The CERT team studies and provides information regarding a a wide variety of security issues.
- SANS Institute
The SANS Institute is a great site for security training resources.
- The Honeynet Project
A site dedicated to learn the tools and methods used in network attacks.
- Tom Dunnigan’s Security Page
- Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC)
- Comprehensive Information Assurance Dictionary
A 400+ page dictionary of Information Assurance Terms.
Creators of several useful digital forensics tools, including Forensic Toolkit, Password Recovery Toolkit, etc.
- Guidance Software
Creators of several useful information assurance tools, including EnCaseÂ® Enterprise Information Assurance Suite, EnCaseÂ® Forensic, etc.
- Digital Intelligence
Creators of several hardware products for digital forensics, including forensic workstations, hard drive write blockers, etc.
- WiebeTech HotPlug
This device allows an investigator to remove a running computer from an incident scene without shutting it down.
Linux based incident response and forensics tools.
A site for security tools.
X-Ways Forensics is an advanced work environment for computer forensic examiners. It runs under Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista*/2008*/7*, 32 Bit/64 Bit.
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL)
Current Computer Science and Electrical Engineering literature is available at this site.
You will need to access this site from within the UALR network or have your UALR library card id available.
- Secure Computer Systems: Mathematical Foundations
The paper that introduced the Bell-La Padula Model.
- Looking Back at the Bell-La Padula Model
David Bell reviews the security principles discussed in the Bell-La Padula Model in historical and present context.
- What is the difference between viruses, worms, and Trojans?
A good article describing the basic characteristics of several types of malware.
- The ID theft protection racket
An interesting article describing the pitfalls of using identity theft protection services.
- SANS InfoSec Reading Room – Penetration Testing
A set of white papers written by students pursuing GIAC certification.