Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall
UALR celebrated the re-opening of the Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall and the dedication of the Remmel Family Fine Arts Lobby with a reception and music performances by the UALR music faculty. Read more…
The first major renovation of the 320-seat Stella Boyle Smith Concert Hall in the UALR Fine Arts Building since construction in the mid-1970s is now complete.
Included in the renovation:
- Cosmetic changes such as new seats, new curtains, new carpeting
- Installation of state-of-the-art projection and audio-visual equipment
- Hardwood stage refinishing
- Addition of permanent climate-controlled storage for the university’s two concert grand pianos
- Re-glazing of large windows facing south from the stage with insulated glass to improve thermal qualities and enhance the view of the garden
Outside the Hall, the lobby and art galleries were refinished, a new box office built and a new cherry-paneled entrance welcomes patrons to a performance.
Beyond the lobby, corridors leading south to the garden were updated as well as public restrooms and a faculty conference room that also doubles as a staging area for catered events.
Beginning: June 2010
Completed: November 2010
This $950,000 project was funded by private donations with matching funds from a $32 million bond issue recommended by the UALR Board of Visitors and approved by the UA Trustees in September 2009.