Arkansas Advocates for Nursing Home Residents held its 2008 Residents’ Rights Rally on Monday, October the 13th.
The event was to be held at the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol, however due to weather conditions, the rally was moved inside to the Arkansas State Capitol Rotunda. Seating was provided for those who desired to sit. Many Nursing Home Residents from around the state joined AANHR to bring attention to the needs of some of our most vulnerable citizens.
The rally began at 11:00a; a welcoming address was given by AANHR President, Martha Deaver. Highlighted speakers included:
- The Honorable Mike Beebe, Governor of the State of Arkansas
- Dustin McDaniel, Arkansas State Attorney General
- Kathie Gately, Arkansas State Ombudsman
- Jerry Lancaster, Interim State President of AARP
- Dr. David Montague, Director of UALR Senior Justice Center
This is the first time that the Governor of Arkansas addressed the AANHR Residents’ Rights Rally; highlighting how important it is for us to fight to protect the rights of our elderly living in Nursing Homes.
Thank You AANHR and everyone who came to show support for this cause!!!
To printout or view a copy of the flyer for this event, please click the link below:
For more information on the rally or AANHR, please visit: